I’m giving social media a break. I just need to reassess things, and live the life I’m in.
I’ve also decided I need to figure out what I’m looking for.
In a job:
Challenging
Allows for creativity
Allows for self-sufficiency—I’m not a fan of micromanagement, because that makes me feel like I can’t actually do the work. I can follow instructions and get things done. But my way may not be the same as someone else.
Requires organizing and problem solving
A good team to work with
Ideally, satisfaction of a job well done.
In a man:
A strong testimony of the gospel
Covenant keeping (and uses his temple recommend)
Desire to talk through problems/misunderstandings
Able to make me laugh
Able to hold a conversation...and will call me out (respectfully) if I say something wrong/incorrect.
Someone I feel safe with
Wants a family
Willing to dance with me *not necessarily ballroom. Deacon shuffle works, too.
A good sense of humor and adventure
Patience
Values family time
Wants to work and grow together as a couple--improving ourselves a little bit each day
Not shorter than me
*older than me
*sings
Most importantly, a partner and a friend that is willing to work towards a forever future
*not necessary, but definitely preferred
A lot of that is difficult to measure, because the important parts are completely subjective. I won’t know it until I find it.
...
A different part of the conversation last night with my old roommates was about how this one is envious that my friend and I are still single at our age. She thinks it allows us enough time to really figure out who we are as individuals. My response to that: You are constantly changing, for better or for worse. Who I am now, as a single person, is not who I will be as a married person. Why? Because married, I would become part of a partnership. You have to compromise on things to make it work. I don't want to be married only to get a different roommate. I want to get married and become part of a team. That requires us to work together to find out who we are as a team.
I want to find my other half. I want to find a welcome home for my heart. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy living the life that I have in the best ways I know how.
No comments:
Post a Comment