Sometimes it takes being in odd places to see how unique you are.
Yesterday, for about half of the day, all of the packing tables had 2 people at them to package orders in time for Mother's Day. The guy who came to my table was another temp that started in the same group as me on Monday. His name is T.
T and I were chatting when I directed a person who came to ask me a question to another person. T just looked at me funny. We continued chatting, and I guess I mentioned some other people's names from the warehouse, and he stopped me and asked, "Do you know everybody's name?" I laughed and responded with, "No, only the people I ask a lot of questions. I figure if I'm going to keep pestering someone, I ought to know their name." haha ...ok, and I did learn other people's names, too. Which is odd, I'm typically awful with names.
We continued working, and since it's mindless work, we continued chatting. Apparently I look 26-27 years old--he then said I look younger than him--and like I should be a stripper. Yeah, no thanks.
I asked him about work things, what he's done what he wants to do, and hobbies. He doesn't mind the warehouse, packing life. His hobby is drinking. When asked where in the world he would like to go, he said his home so he could sleep. I asked if he would like to visit anywhere just for fun, "nah."
He asked me some questions, and was surprised at my answers.
I realized I have done a lot in my life, even if it doesn't feel like it. I have a variety of interests, and have had a lot of adventures. Good and bad. It was fun chatting with T. He helped the day pass faster, and helped me realize that I am an interesting person. Very odd, to be sure. Haha. A frequent response of his was to tell me I'm funny. Not in a laugh out loud kind of way, but with a chuckle because I'm so ridiculous, but fun.
...it's true. Goofiness comes out when I'm bored and tired. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment