On this day, one year ago, my heart was shattered.
I saw a quote yesterday that said:
The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
True, but sometimes I wonder if there will be a comeback. I don’t know how to get back up. I lost some pieces of my heart in all of the chaos last year.
See, on top of being devastated by Adam, I got news that my pregnant best friend had been in a bad car accident, and was in the hospital.
Was that a blessing in disguise? Probably. I was able to focus on someone else, and discovered that even though I think it’s absolutely gross, I know a lot more of the processes involved in delivering babies than my friends and their parents. So in being there, I was able to calm my friend and her husband, and his parents.
Today they celebrate their sons first birthday, and I will never forget everything leading up to my being there for his birth.
Will I get my comeback? I don’t know.
At least I can add another wonderful thing to today’s date in history: I will attend the dedication of the Jordan River Temple inside the temple. Maybe I can find added strength and healing for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment