One of my temp agencies sent me a text asking if I’d be interested in making floral arrangements for the week before mother’s day.
"Sure! That’d be so fun!"
I was picturing a florist shop. ...it’s not.
I’m not even working with flowers, exactly.
I am packing boxes of filled orders for shipping. A lot of them are flowers, but not all. Y’see, the company I’m working for this week is an online company, so it has an array of options. But you don't need to go into a shop to pick it out and purchase. ...I was looking forward to the customer interaction. Oh, well. It’s not bad work, but it’s mindless. It offers me plenty of time to think through possible logistics of my next move.
Chalking it up to adventures! Haha. Yesterday morning I had nails, and by yesterday afternoon I didn’t. I did have a ton of cardboard cuts, though, on my fingers. I’m totally rocking the band-aid look. 😄
----
(Update) My fingertips are so sore. I'd be shocked if any of the full-time workers have feeling in their fingers.
As I pack the flowers, I have to read the cards to make sure they're correct for the order. Oh, my heart. This is definitely not the time for me to be packing flowers.
A lot are for Mother's Day. That had me thinking.
Some are for loss of a loved one. That had me thinking some more.
Then one card almost had me in tears. "Thanks for a memorable Sunday." It was to a man, from a lady.
I must be getting old to think it would be kind of nice to be surprised with flowers. I mean, not for Mother's Day, but just because you had a memorable day? I guess it's not the flowers that I like, necessarily, but the thought and the words.
For instance, if part of the reason their Sunday was memorable was because they were out in the desert, or walking through gardens, that would be super sweet. Not that the flowers themselves isn't nice, but to have the gift reflect the special time in some way...it's just the next level of thought--like they're not just saying words, but they truly mean it.
I don't know. I'm kind of cheesy like that. It's what I try to do when I give gifts. ...which is why I often hesitate to give gifts or take credit for them. They're personal, and I get embarrassed. ...I've only ever told one lady I was her secret santa--and that's only because my sister outed me. All of my other secret santa's never knew. I enjoyed seeing/hearing about their reactions though. :)
...and on a parting note: I just put lotion on my poor, dry fingers...and it hurts! I feel some of the cuts a little more acutely now.
No comments:
Post a Comment