Thursday, May 30, 2019

Purposeful Visits

I went to the temple yesterday, and I met a lady--the only other female patron in the session--who felt that we are led to the temple at certain times for a reason. We had a great discussion about temple work while we waited.

I went again today, and in my session, there was a sister going through for her own endowment--she's getting married on  Saturday. In addition to her, there was her family, her fiance, and his family in the session, too. It was fun seeing such a full session.

It wasn't until I went into the celestial room that it really hit me. Seeing all of that family gathered together, feeling the love and joy in reuniting there... that's what it's all about. Families. Husbands and wives, their kids, grandkids, etc.

One day, I hope to have that. I wondered what it would be like to have someone hold my hand. Someone whose face lights up when I come in the room. I wondered what it would be like to have so much family gathered in the celestial room. I wondered what it would feel like to know I would be sealed to the love of my life in a few days' time. I thought of how great it would be to know that we have an eternity worth of memories to make together.

I want that. I want it with my media naranja. I want people there in the temple to celebrate with us.

Which is funny. Thinking I'm too old for all of that is not foreign to me. Today was a reminder that I'm not; it's not too late.

I've been praying that if not Adam, I find someone better suited for me than him. (Admittedly, however, as I look for someone new, I'm reminded of how seemingly well he fit me. I can't imagine better, but I trust God to help me find him.)

Tomorrow's the last day of school. Hooray! That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment