Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Hands

Have you ever really examined your hands?

Mine are kind of small. Non-descript. My nails aren’t painted, and I don’t wear a lot of jewelry, but they’re still awesome.

Hands in general are awesome.

In mine, I saw growth. I imagined how far they’ve come since they were first born. As I examined one with the other, I imagined both ends of the spectrum. A mother holding a baby’s hand, marveling at the size—so cute!—and the feeling of responsibility she must feel.

I thought of the joy in seeing those little hands grow: the scrapes, burns, and hangnails they would encounter. I also thought of the struggles of developing fine and gross motor skills that would one day lend the power to change the world.

Think of everything you can do with your hands.

I’m typing this with them.
I cook, eat, clean, teach, entertain, write in my journal...everyday little things are done thanks to my hands.

Then I think of what else I do. With my hands, I shape people’s lives. I shape my life.

I think of whose image I’m created in. My heavenly parents have hands just like me! They’ve created worlds with their hands.

My hands are small, and seemingly insignificant, but they are strong, powerful and capable.

I am, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment