Saturday, May 18, 2019

The Eternal Temple

I went to the temple today, and had a sweet experience in the celestial room. I really love temple work. The temple is the culminating point of eternity on earth. Seriously. Work done there is done by those with the priesthood authority of God to seal things on earth that will be sealed in heaven. It is where eternal families are made, and a glimpse of eternity is within its walls.

Couples go to the temple to be sealed as husband and wife for time and for all eternity. They forge a link in this eternal chain. As a result of that covenant, there is an impact on those in the pre-mortal realm who will be born unto them. They will be blessed for being born in the covenant. I'm sure some of the children to come down are there witnessing their parent's sealing, too.

Patrons go to the temple to do work on behalf of those who are dead. The vicarious work they perform impacts those who are in the post-mortal realm, or the Spirit World. I know that the work we do does have an eternal impact on those individuals and families. I have felt their joy.

Additionally, patrons, whether going for themselves or for the dead, feel the impact of the temple in their day-to-day lives. "My dear brothers and sisters, the construction of these temples may not change your life, but your time in the temple surely will." (President Nelson, April 2018)

You have events impacting pre-mortal, mortal, and post-mortal lives happening in every temple, every day. God is without beginning or end, and all is before Him in one eternal now. The temple is a snapshot of that eternal now. How incredible is that?! The person standing in the background letting our joy and glory go to God, to whom none of this would be possible without, is Jesus Christ. It is by his atoning sacrifice that any of this is possible. It was such a monumental task that we often brush aside. From the beginning, He made everything possible. What a loving older brother. I'm so grateful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment