My friend was hesitant to suggest I might have depression.
I laughed.
I'm fairly certain I do, to a degree. It's definitely situational, too. I can't seem to get a grasp on anything, and nothing goes the way I want, and I get discouraged. And depressed.
But then I pick myself up, and keep going.
I was contemplating this on my drive home from work. I was thinking of how life is, and how it has been, and projecting how it will be.
Will this be how it is for the rest of it? I don't think so. This is just the season I'm in. Wading through some heavy mists, trying to get my bearings. Other opportunities, whether work or social, will pop up, and things will be different. In the meantime, I'll do the best that I can in the circumstances that I am.
I'm not a slave to depression.
No comments:
Post a Comment