My nephew was baptized today. There’s so much to say about it, but it’s a short conversation with a brother-in-law, my sister, and I that I stuck with me.
My BIL told my sister of his impressions participating in the confirmation circle, and she started crying. It’s important to note that my BIL got choked up during his talk on baptism, because as he acknowledged her tears she turned and said I never cry. To which my BIL said, “Erin’s the strongest of all of us. Wait until she finds a husband; she’ll cry then.”
Ha. I wanted to say I don’t cry because I have no heart. But I thought of how much I’ve cried since Adam. (Not so much in the past 6 months, though. Progress.)
I may shed some tears after breaking up with my recent exes, but that’s because I just want someone to work already. I don’t actually miss dating them. Which goes to show it wouldn’t have worked. Adam, though, is a different story. He has always been a different story. He’s like the story I had been waiting forever to read, but the publisher misprinted, so I never got to see how it’d go.
I was driving back from a dance this evening, and still so many memories of him permeated the city. He was a very, VERY small time of my life in this area, yet he left an indelible mark on me. I’ve even thought, do I still miss him because I never had the chance to see how he is after the newness wears off? I don’t think so. With these recent guys, they’ve not felt right from the beginning, but I try and make things work. I don’t like being single. Bof. Haha.
I wanted to go to my grandma’s house to visit with her and get a pep talk...but she’s not here, either.
I think a trip to Arlington is in order for tomorrow. I need time with my grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment