Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Odd Opportunities

Things rarely go as I plan.

I'm trying not to plan with so many variables--the greatest in regards to my next steps--for that very reason. See, I can do a lot to remove myself from other people's equations nicely, but it still leaves me with no idea where to go or what to do with myself. The variables wouldn't work out the way I think they ought to.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get closer to one less variable, which will in turn have a domino effect on other variables.

In the meantime, I'm packing. And I'm reflecting. This year, for all of the crazy, has given me a lot of odd opportunities.

I've traveled more than I typically do
I've explored outside more
I've been able to do a lot of temple and family history work
I've used Spanish in a new way
I've ordered my grandparent's headstone and met some step-aunts I never knew existed
I've been able to visit with old roommates
Serve others in unique ways: the temple dedication, rodeos, search and rescue, etc.

I mean I've not done anything grandiose, but simply a bunch of fun little things along the way.

I try to help people as I go, but I know when I move on no one will really know the difference. I tend to stay invisible. I'm only good at the little things, and don't like making myself known.

...so I'm easily forgotten.

Maybe one day I'll change.

Maybe one day I'll find a job that I want to stick around for. My ideal job...well. It's not possible for me right now, but one day. It's something that would challenge me everyday, and would be rewarding in the long run. One day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment