Thursday, August 2, 2018

Staying (Updated)

On the plane for my next adventure.

I will go however far to be with friends and family. Sometimes, though, the adventure isn’t in the traveling, but in the staying.

How much more fun would it be to have a place to stay, a place to belong. I need to make somewhere that place for myself.

I want to have someone to share my life with. I’m always the one going, going, going. Going so I can have companionship, so I have people to help me tell stories of our adventures.

——
Update: 11:42 pm

My 3.5 hour drive ended up taking closer to 5.5 hours. And for a good chunk of it there was no cell service, no rest areas, and no gps. Just me, my hungry tummy, and a bunch of corn fields. Haha, it was funny though because during the intermittent cell reception, I called my sister to see if she could help navigate me to civilization, but I lost signal before I could tell her it was a mostly dead area, so for ~30mins, she was worried I died or something. Oops.

(I didn’t die, btw)

I did find the American gothic house museum. It’s the house that inspired the painting. It’s in the middle of nowhere, with no cell reception.

Tomorrow is the wedding. I’m the photographer 😬
I’m really excited for Ellie and Jared.
One day I’ll find someone that looks at me like that.
One day I’ll have someone I can simply “be” with.
Someone to adventure with—in our own neighborhood, of course. ‘Cause staying is fun, too.

People are jealous of my trips. I’m jealous they don’t have to go so far to find someone to spend time with them. The grass isn’t always greener.




No comments:

Post a Comment