I struggle with a lot of things. I'm grateful, though, that through my struggles, I have people beside me cheering me on and reassuring me.
The hardest part is not being able to clearly see the path ahead. I like to know where I'm going, what I'm doing, etc.
There have been many tender mercies along my path this week. One being that my stuff did not shift in transit, while another being the woman I sat next to on the shuttle as I made my way back to Salt Lake. She is a widow, and after her husband passed away a few years ago, she started getting into family history work. She started to follow a branch of a cousin she met once twenty years ago in England, because her brother had been working on her direct line and no one was working on this cousin's. She explained to me that she keeps finding all of these people in her cousin's line, and she's feels invested in their work, and wants to do their ordinances. However, she's not supposed to reserve them because they're not in her direct line. I happened to have a discourse by Marvin J Ballard that gave insight into her situation, and we had a very enjoyable visit about family history and temple work.
Then there's the friend that I'm staying with. Coincidentally, her mom is also in town and staying with her and her sister. They all treat me like I'm one of the family, which is something I need right now. Just this morning, her mom was telling me about her husband's struggle with finding work. He went to where he thought he needed to be, and was unable to easily find a job. However, things worked out in a weird way to get him where he needed to be, though the going was not easy. It gives me hope.
The thing I still don't know how to do, though, is get over Adam.
The person that helped me unload my truck in Boise was one of my partners on the dance team 5 years ago. Well, after the truck was unloaded, he asked if I wanted to get something to eat. ...He turned it into a date. >.< He also made it clear that he's looking to get married, and he would like to keep seeing me when I actually start living in Boise.
I cannot see myself ever dating him. I still want that future with Adam. I'm so ridiculous, and unless I change the way I think, I'm going to be single my whole life.
I wonder what awaits me in Boise, and I wonder if I'll be ready for whatever it is. Can I open my heart to new possibilities? Haha, I may be too stubborn to.
No comments:
Post a Comment