You know when you find THE PERFECT job.
...and it turns out like when you found THE PERFECT guy?
Ok, I don't know that's how it will turn out, but it might.
I mean, it also turns out that the perfect guy for me would be a great help in the perfect job for me. On so many levels.
Let's be real: my perfect job would be a mom. Who better to help me with that than my perfect guy. If I have to work outside the home--which obviously I do, since I'm on my own--my perfect job would be a non-profit setting that somehow managed to include helping military personnel and ballroom dancing. And I FOUND ONE! It seems small, and maybe they don't have a place for me. ...at which point, I'd totally be happy to start one on my own. ...and that's where my perfect guy would come in. He could help me.
Except in reality, my perfect guy disappeared on me. (I know, not so perfect.)
But looking for jobs after discovering that NPO is like trying to find a new guy after meeting Adam.
I don't like it.
Everything is...meh.
But I need to work. I need to date...eventually.
I just keep finding a series of things I don't want, all because I know what I do want. ...and rejection sucks.
Seriously, though, how do people get over someone they love? I have friends going on third and fourth marriages (they're younger than me!), and they claim to have loved all of their spouses. How do you love people like that, so often, and enough to want to marry them?
I think I'm broken. I just want to marry once, and have it be forever. But I want to love the person I marry. ...and that's the trickier part.
Work, though. Meh. It's just to pay bills. My current temp job is definitely not for me, but I'll have time that I can learn how to start a NPO. ...and as I apply for jobs in Boise...well...a job is a job. I want to be in Idaho. so. *shrug*
If I can find something that has me helping others or feeling like I've done something productive and good, then that's great. I don't want to feel like I'm wasting away hours of my life day in and day out. Hence the NPO.
I really hope to hear back from the CEO soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment