Friday, June 29, 2018

Hiking Solo

Today I needed to get out.

My sister was having a rough day, too, so she was on the phone with me and we went on a hike together. I sent her photos of our "hike" so she knew where we were going. 



It was good to get away from morose thoughts for a bit. For the most part. Leks asked why no guy wanted to go out adventuring with me, and then later in our hike she told me she wanted someone else in my pictures with me besides my roommate.



Well, I did ask a guy to go with me on a more difficult hike, but that was only because he's like the only quasi-friend I have that is athletic/willing to adventure. Unfortunately, he has a girlfriend, and doesn't think she would like him to go on a hike with me. I wanted to point out that I am not interested the least bit in him, nor would any sane person consider me a threat to their boyfriend. I really just wanted someone to go with me so I wouldn't go alone and get lost/stuck/chased by a moose/whatever happens in the wild.

I found out who his girlfriend is, though, and she's the sister-in-law to one of my mission companions. (Remember, it's a small world.) His comments about her were awesome. It made me wonder if anyone would ever talk about me that way...and it added to my gloom. Because I still miss Adam. I thought of how things were going so amazingly well...and then the brakes slammed on, I got whiplash, and...yeah.

Who do I want in my pictures with me? Who do I think it'd be amazingly fun to adventure with? Who do I think even the mundane days of life could make me smile if I have him by my side? You already know.

I really can't picture anyone else. My heart is still locked up with him.

The songs of the day:
"Breakeven" (The Script) and "It Only Takes a Taste" (Jason Mraz and Sara Barailles)

No comments:

Post a Comment