I shouldn’t be watching it. It makes me think of Adam, and part of our conversation on that Sunday.
It’s D-day, though, and I’ve been following a live dramatization of the battle of Midway, and it just made me think of the European theater. (Same days, different years.)
...and it makes me think of Adam—he liked Band of Brothers, too.
Haha. I mentioned I was watching it today to this guy at the dance, and he didn’t believe me. He’s not into those types of shows—too violent—and he figured I wouldn’t be either.
It’s not gratuitous violence. It’s history. It’s a war. The sad thing about war is that there are real people behind every statistic. Those people are brave enough to risk everything for freedoms for others, so I want to make sure they’re not forgotten. The things they’ve seen and done, I can’t imagine. But I want to thank them for doing it, so people like me wouldn’t have to.
They come back changed—physically, mentally, or both. Sometimes their scars can’t be seen. Shows like this give you a taste of what their LIFE was like—it was no movie. There was no director yelling cut. There was no pause button. They lived unknowing if they would make it to see another day.
I can’t even imagine. So I’ll watch the shows that help me understand what amazing men (and now women) serve in our armed forces. Maybe that makes me weird. Not something you’d expect from a ballroom dancing-type.
I just wish I were watching it with Adam. That would be quite the experience.
---
...y’know, I think I have a hard time with guys because my interests are so varied, I don’t feel like I would do well long-term with most guys. I really need to find someone like Adam. He could keep up, and knew more about certain things than I did, and vice versa. (And he wasn’t snotty about it, either!)
...it would’ve been so fun. ...I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment