I can't tell you how blessed I have been this past weekend. I'll share only a small portion:
The other dates that I was trying to get out of--tadaa! I was able to, though not by my doing! Que bendicion! Things came up in the guys' lives that they had to cancel. Woohoo!
Haha, yes. I know. It's odd. I've spent so long wanting to go on dates...and now I'm trying to get out of them. (I totally blame Adam. Ok, it's not actually his fault. I'd just rather be going out--or even simply talking--with him than any of these other guys. ...though I do give these guys a fair chance. They're just not right for me.)
OH! Story time! I've wondered how initial dating went for people who are now married. So I asked my sister today, y'know, for research purposes.
To be clear, I'm not a fan of her husband and never have been, so I was really curious as to her impressions early on in their relationship.
Summary: They met via myspace, but didn't meet in person until a little later--I didn't ask how much later--at a mall. She was hesitant about meeting him in person, so led him on a little goose chase in the mall. She saw him arrive, but he didn't see her. So when he asked where she was, she told him, but she kept moving around. This went on for like an hour. When she was telling me, she said it was like a game. After she let him find her, they did whatever date thing, and he asked her out again. She went out with him a couple of times, and wasn't too interested in him, but she figured if he was willing to not give up in that initial meeting, she'd stick with him. She figured most guys wouldn't have stuck around if she led them around the mall like that. ...and now they're married.
As she was telling me this, I was like, yup. She's a Charlotte and her husband's her Mr. Collins. Whatever, if it works for her, then that's great. (Though there have been times where I half expect her to call me up and tell me she's divorcing him. Again, who am I to judge? I've never been married, I don't know what their relationship is like...but from what I can see, and what sometimes gets leaked out...yeah...It wouldn't surprise me.)
So...as far as research goes, I do not want their relationship, and it sounds like if I were to stick with any of these current guys, that's more or less what I would get. All that would do is make eternity feel like an eternity...and not in a good way.
Instead, I will continue to wait.
In other news. I put it off as long as I could, but I began subbing today. Verdict: I still hate teaching. Don't get me wrong, the kids are cute, but the classroom is not the place for me.
I'm back with a pre-K for the next two weeks, and today reminded me why I left the preschool to teach high school, which reminded me why I left teaching altogether. Haha. On the bright side, however, the preschool is only M-Th, so I can still go up to Boise next Friday. :D That will be my reward for these two weeks.
I seriously need to find a job. My brother-in-law said I could just get married, and then not have to worry about it. (I rolled my eyes at that one... Don't get me wrong, I'm not against stay-at-home-moming--yes, I turned that into a verb--but I'm not about to get married just to get out of a problem. I don't know that I could/would want to rely that much on a man. At least not that early on. Though Crazy Guy would expect that of me. Ha! ...yeah, he's still gunning for me for whatever reason. I don't understand.)
Edit: I think the next guy I go out with, I’ll go on a second date with, regardless of how the first one goes. (That would make it my first second date in...over a decade. 😅😬)
No comments:
Post a Comment