I had so much to say on a series of fun adventures.
It all left me, though, when I saw Adam's new profile picture. It kinda stopped my heart dead in its tracks.
Y'see,
I've not been feeling much of anything recently, so I figured I was
finally getting over him. I mean, sure, I still miss him. I still wonder
how he and his daughters are doing. But I had pretty much resolved
myself to admit that that was just a dream. It wasn't real. We never
even met, so I'm probably imagining who Adam is/was, similarly to how
Crazy Guy does about me. (I mean, seriously? Crazy Guy--after I told him
multiple times again we're not going to happen, and he just
needs to look for someone else while he's back east for the next couple
of months--said no. "You're better than every other girl on earth." !!
Just added proof he has this delusion of who I am, and that we would never work out.)
And
then he goes and changes his profile picture. And it's him. I mean, as
he is now, not however many years ago. He looks like my Adam. And my
heart stops because he's there. He's mine. ...except he's not.
My
heart's reaction was so strong. I started to cry. I want to talk to
him, to hear his voice, to listen to his stories, to go adventuring with
him. I want to do so much for him, and I can't. He doesn't want me.
I'm not over him.
I
still have not felt anything even remotely close to this for another guy. I
wonder how long it will take before I can. How much more does my heart
have to break?
And why does he have to be so attractive?! I thought yesterday I was pretty cute, but that's not the same level.
No comments:
Post a Comment