Sunday, September 2, 2018

Hot-Cold Game

What is it I'm supposed to do? I don't know. Due to a wide-variety of hoops, I may not be able to teach this year. Which means, I'd have to find another job. I'm so tired of looking, though. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted.

This past week has been so incredibly stressful with work and moving. I've been crying so much. Things aren't even settled yet.

On the other hand, in completely unrelated ways, it has been very good. I have been blessed by the goodness of complete strangers. They've welcomed me into their homes--for FREE--and have tried to help me in any way they can. As I said, it has been very good. I mean, with the first family, it didn't even seem like I had never met them before. I briefly knew their daughter when she was serving her mission in my hometown--13 years ago. The second family was related to my new ward's bishop--I had literally never met any of them when he said he knew somewhere I could stay. (...ok..When I told him where I had sat in the chapel for sacrament meeting that morning--I sent him a text late that afternoon--he was like, "Oh, you're the singi--You were sitting in the corner to my left." Haha, yeah. I had a lot of people that Sunday compliment me on my singing. heh. oops.)

Anyways, it was great getting to know them. Doesn't make the work situation any better, but it's still something positive.

Additionally, I know, at least, I'm in the right area.

It's like I'm playing a giant game of hot-cold. I keep getting warmer but...I don't know when I'll find whatever it is I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment