Monday, March 12, 2018

Interview in Boise

I have an interview in Boise on Tuesday.
Did I mention that?
I don't think anything will come of it except me practicing interview responses...ok, and a trip to the temple. I really miss that temple.

I wonder why. Is it because that temple is older?
hmmm..
A list of operating temples that are older than Boise:
(Temples I have been to)




1 St. George Utah Temple               April 1877 
2 Logan Utah Temple                      May 1884
3 Manti Utah Temple                       May 1888
4 Salt Lake Temple                          April 1893
5 Laie Hawaii Temple                      November 1919
6 Cardston Alberta Temple              August 1923 
7 Mesa Arizona Temple                   October 1927
8 Idaho Falls Idaho Temple              September 1945
9 Bern Switzerland Temple              September 1955
10 Los Angeles California Temple   March 1956
11 Hamilton New Zealand Temple   April 1958
12 London England Temple             September 1958
13 Oakland California Temple         November 1964
14 Ogden Utah Temple                    January 1972
15 Provo Utah Temple                     February 1972
16 Washington D.C. Temple            November 1974
17 São Paulo Brazil Temple            November 1978
18 Tokyo Japan Temple                   October 1980
19 Seattle Washington Temple         November 1980
20 Jordan River Utah Temple          November 1981
21 Atlanta Georgia Temple              June 1983
22 Apia Samoa Temple                    August 1983
23 Nuku'alofa Tonga Temple           August 1983
24 Santiago Chile Temple                September 1983
25 Papeete Tahiti Temple                October 1983
26 Mexico City Mexico Temple      December 1983
27 Boise Idaho Temple                    May 1984 

I have been to 13/27 older temples that are still in operation; 14/28 if you count Nauvoo. (I didn't realize so many of them were that old.) But that dispells that idea that I like it because it's older. 

Boise and DC. Two temples that feel special to me.

Maybe I will end up in Boise. I just applied for a job that I would be great for here in Utah, though. We'll see how that pans out. If I could find something comparable in Boise, that would be great, too. I still feel like a misfit here in Utah. I'm trying to adjust, but it's not working. Even simply thinking of the Boise temple, I feel peace and at home. 

...I don't have the money to move again. Si Dios quiere...He will help me find a way. I'm trying my best here, though.

I am trying not to contact Adam, but...I miss him. Does this ever go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment