Saturday, February 10, 2018

Boise, Idaho

Y'know those mornings you wake up and go to fix a bowl of cereal, only to discover you have no milk left! 😱 That was me, yesterday morning. I was soooo sad! I had to settle for oatmeal.

Well, that's my just desserts for debating whether or not to go to Idaho. I had been given so many little blessings throughout the week that would enable me to go to Boise on Thursday, and still I debated whether or not to do it.

Thursday dawned--ok, it was still dark when I woke up--and my doubts still bugged me. I wanted to go. I felt I needed to go. But 5 hours there, 5 hours back, not to mention a temple session? Would I be able to stay awake long enough to make it home in one piece? (I had spent Wednesday unloading my POD 95% on my own...and I live on the third floor.) I debated as I went to fix myself some cereal, and there was NO MILK! I tried to think of alternative liquids that I had on hand, but opted not to defile my cereal that way. (That's what I get for debating what God has made possible to happen.)

Still, I sat there thinking. I decided to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon, and if I still felt like I should go, I would go. Well, I needed to go, and so I went.

You want to know what I learned from traveling up to Boise in the daytime of winter?

  • The scenery is so beautiful!
  • Bugs still like to kamikaze themselves on your windshield--though not nearly as many as in summer.
  • Idaho still feels like home.
  • The Boise temple still brings such an amazing feeling to my heart--it was not a fluke of circumstance last summer.
  • Also, no joke, the Boise temple is the most beautiful temple I've been in. (Mesa, AZ and Philadelphia, PA would be tied for second.)

I can't get over that temple though. It helped me feel a lot better; I felt at home for the first time in a long time. I honestly did not want to go back to Utah.

I've been missing Idaho/Boise a lot today. I chose to move to Utah for the time being, but I am happy that Idaho is not that far away. Even in coming to Utah, I have been blessed. The ward I'm in is older YSA, the bishop was a mission president of Texas Houston East Mission, a bishopric member went to school in Virginia, AND I met a girl who served with an Elder Maylett in Canada! How crazy is that?! It's a good place for now. But my heart is still in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment