Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Best Friends

I have some of the best friends ever. Seriously. I'm so lucky.

They are constantly encouraging me. I received a random text this morning from someone back east that said, "I saw this on Facebook. Good for you for going for it!!!"
Apply for that job. Date that person. Buy that plane ticket. Move to that city. Do all the things that scare you, they're worth it.

I have had some backlash from people over my decision to move west without having a job lined up. "You know all of the jobs you can do are back in DC," is a common one I've heard. At times those comments get to me, especially as I sit hours upon hours at Banes & Noble looking for jobs. I wonder why I thought moving west was a good idea. This week has been a really rough week.

Then my friends push me along and give me hope. Sure, maybe it's not the smartest thing I've done professionally. Life is more than a profession though, and this will be a good adventure. ...I just need to figure out how to make it work for me.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."
Y tal vez mi Capitán me volverá a mi. Puedo soñar, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment