Monday, June 5, 2017

Wishes

See, there's a fairy!
I wish you understood...

How special you are to me.
How I never thought a person existed that could make me feel the way you did. And it seemed so easy, so natural.
What  simply hearing your voice does.
How much I miss your laughter
...and your stories.
And your jokes.
How easy it is to picture you running bleachers, while your kids and I are playing the field or whatever below. ...and then you come to play with us once you're done. (Daydream, nada más.)
How every guy gets compared to you, and is found lacking.

I wish I could undo that Tuesday...well, part. Most of it was really fun, but something happened that changed everything. That's what I wish I could undo.
I wish I knew how to be blasé about this silence.
I wish I were to you what you are to me.
Most of all, I wish that you were mine.
But you're not, so I wish I could move on.
You still have my heart.

---
The more I realize, the more my heart breaks. I am such. An idiot.
---
And yet I still wish...because I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment