Monday, June 26, 2017

Harry Potter and Memories

A little less than 10 years ago, we were hosting the book release party for the last installment of the Harry Potter series.Yes, I'm feeling a little bit old. 
I went through my picture album to find this picture. I still remember, there was no doubt who our Harry was going to be--Robbie looked just like him! (Too bad I blinked for the picture. Haha) I was "Harry's" photographer, so we traveled the store together. One little girl, she was sitting up in the bargain section, as we came by her eyes got so big. We asked if she wanted a picture, and she, with the biggest grin, just nodded. Robbie turned to stand by her, and she was like, "Can I get it with Hermione instead?" Haha, so, I became Hermione for the rest of the night.
I love those books though. They are what got me into reading...my parents gave me book 3 for my birthday one year. I was less than thrilled. But it was a gift, so I had to read it. I'm so glad I did. Books are all sorts of wonderful, so thank you JK Rowling!
Going a bit further back, this would have been the Halloween the year before. I always went all out for storytimes, which is why we had such good turnout. I was barely 19, but I was in training to be a manager. That winter, they ended up giving the position to my coworker who began management training at the same time as me, simply because he was older and would probably garner more respect--that's what my boss told me. Plus, they figured he was more likely to stick around for a long time due to his age. He was less qualified, and everyone was shocked at their choice. He ended up leaving the company for another job within a few months of his promotion. It all worked out for me; it was part of the impetus that pushed me to college. Before I left that fall, every time the district manager was in our store, he kept trying to convince me not to go, and told me I could name my price if I would stay. Thanks, no thanks. Too late.

Then going way, way back. There's me. fourth of July, waiting for fireworks in DC...so I'm told. I was pretty darn cute. I still stuff my face like that, too! Haha. ;)

I really need to decide plans for the fourth. It's in one week!

Song of the day: "Hedwig's Theme," which happens to be a Viennese waltz! Woohoo!

Oh, and Sasha told me tonight that he has already registered for Virginia State, so it looks like we are competing in 3 weeks. :/


No comments:

Post a Comment