Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Teacher Look and Teenage Trouble


I've still got it.

Sweaty, but proof that I was there :)
I went to a James Arthur concert tonight at Tysons--it was free!!!--and was standing amidst a lot, a lot of high schoolers. As my luck would have it, the group right next to me were rude boys that were kicking over Starbucks drinks, and kept bumping into the people around them while they were too busy taking selfies of them with their tongues hanging out and middle finger up. Real cool. Not.

I noticed a lot of people around them would roll their eyes when they were knocked into, and try to ignore it.

I--man, I'm such an old lady. Haha--I gave one of them a look when he bumped into me. My teacher look. His buddies called him out on it, too, and it might've embarrassed him a little, but they moved over. As they would leave and come back, they were slightly more respectful about it.

There was a middle-aged man behind me that said he was probably the oldest one in the group. He would not be far off, but I didn't feel like I fit in any better than he.

I was close and had the benefit of being a head taller than...99% of the people. :D
Haha, the concert was great! I love his singing.  As I was listening to the words, I felt really silly for holding on to nothing for so long.
I decided I would delete everything--his number, pictures, songs that I haven't listened to in over a month--and then I got home...and I don't know if I can. I miss him. It's not even like I've looked at the pictures, or listened to the recordings recently...I just don't want to admit to myself he's gone. How do you get over love? 😔

I really wish...
----
Capitán, no sabes. No sé yo, tampoco. Ofrecí una oración cortita antes de abrir mis escrituras. Quise algo que me guiaría/me ayudaría..tal vez no es tu, pero cuando abrí las escrituras al azar, abrí a alma 48 y los primeros versículos que ví fueron 11-12. Me sorprendió ver esos versículos, y pensé, "¿es el capítulo que habla de si los hombres fueran como Moroni...?" Doblé la página a leer 17. Sí. El capítulo se trata del poder de Capitán Moroni. Mientras me pregunto/oro qué debo hacer yo, abrí a esto. Tal vez es solo para recordarme del tipo de persona que debo buscar. Pero tú eres mi capitán. ¿Eres como Moroni, también?


No comments:

Post a Comment