This drawing is from when I was probably 15/16 years old. I was thinking about missionary work, and I was thinking about life. Let me explain:
Life (simple version):
We left our heavenly home to come to an unfamiliar place called earth. We live, love, laugh, cry, learn, and grow. After a (relatively short) period of time, we die, and are reunited with our families in the spirit world. Now, we may want to visit earth, but it won't exactly be the same as when we were living there. We'll go back as spirits/angels.
Mission (simple version):
We leave our family to go to an unfamiliar place. While we're there, we live, love, laugh, cry, learn, and grow. We're there for a short period of time, then we have to go back home. We're welcomed by our family with open arms. We may want to go back and visit the mission, but it won't be the same because you're not there as a missionary.
So I drew a similar picture in my trainer's book with a fun story before I "killed" her off. (I was her last companion. I was my greeny-breaker's last companion too.) That was a little more than 7 years ago. (holy crap, I feel old!) She texted me tonight saying "remember that little story you wrote in my book about going back and it not being the same?" ...that's how she feels right now as she's packing to go. Now, she's been back to Houston a couple times since she finished her mission. But I think the last time she was more than passing through was when she came back to visit a few months after she left. I was still with my greeny-breaker.
| My trainer and I. It's funny--my hair is about the same right now. :D |
Sadly, I found out this evening that the one family from my second ward I wanted to visit--the hermano is in Louisiana! I told him and his wife I would teach them to dance when I finally made it down to Houston. :( He's one that I've stayed in contact with the most.

No comments:
Post a Comment