I’ve had to figure out things on my own for so long: college, mission, moving, finding jobs to provide for myself and still be able to serve. It has been SO hard. My heart has been absolutely crushed, and I had to push through it. Most people never even had any idea of what I was going through.
All of it has enabled me to help my mom.
No, I’ve not been married 50 years. I’ve never had a husband. But I lost who I believed to be my media naranja. That’s not easy. I know better than anyone else in my family what it’s like to lose your person. I know the loneliness that follows when you can’t talk to him anymore—he’s not there. My siblings still have their spouses, and they never went through anything like me. Y’see, most didn’t date much (at all, in some cases) before they dated their spouse. The one who dated the most is the one who knows my story. She was heartbroken for me, but she said none of her experience compared.
I’m grateful I’m strong enough to help. At times it tries my patience, but I have to remind myself, I’ve had years to get here and a lot of support from people everywhere. I’ve learned to reach out. She hasn’t yet. We’ll get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment