I ordered a piano keyboard. If I’m stuck inside so long, I’m going to learn new things. I’ve been painting with mediocre success. My fingers keep smearing my paint. 😅 Now I’m ready for an instrument.
Y’know, given the news that was sprung on me, this week hasn’t been too bad. Sure, I don’t have a job in a couple of months, but the timing of the news is a blessing, I would really struggle if I had to physically show up to a building and try to teach students when everyone knew I was asked to not come back. This way, I can finish my job and then simply fade away, and not have to deal with goodbyes. That’s truly how I prefer things. In most cases, I don’t think my presence even matters, so why bother making a big deal out of my leaving. They’d just think, “good riddance.” 😅
Well, I just got a text from the other Spanish teacher—apparently there are MORE classes of Spanish next year, so we didn’t fail too horribly.
Y’know, even if I had...well, for one, I’d be even more embarrassed, but two, I’d chalk it up and move on. I was reading about a girl who took her own life the other day—the isolation and negative self-talk got to her. That makes me sad; there is nothing in life you can’t bounce back from. Sure, some bouncing may look more like a sloooow roll...uphill...but you can still do it.
I still haven’t figured out my path. I feel like I’ve wasted my life, but I’m grateful my brain lets me look for the silver lining and hope for something someday. As long as there are tomorrows, I’ve got hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment