I don’t have a job in the fall.
The others in my department think I should talk to the principal—they’re ready to storm the castle on my behalf. I have until Friday to try and change things. I don’t know. It’s hard to be told they won’t hire you back, but given how rough this year has been, I’m not *terribly* surprised. I was making plans for how next year would be better.
I spent a good chunk of this morning walking around the temple. I wondered if I should move back East. I thought: This is just a setback, something for me to grow from. I’ll do better next time, but I’m not to move back East. I need to stay here. Going East would be regression. I want progression.
I can do this. I’ve done it before. I am just feeling really beaten down. At least I have no one depending on me. Now I get to join the millions looking for a job while feeling completely inadequate for anything. 😓
Teaching is like a bad relationship for me. I’m not exactly happy, but I don’t know who I am or what I’m capable of without it.
No comments:
Post a Comment