Gratitude. That’s the cure.
I don’t like my attitude about most things these days; it’s a lot of frustration. So I need to remember to be grateful for what I’ve done, for what others have done, and what we’ve done together. Progress may be slow, but it is moving forward.
My brother and I had a snowball fight. My mom sat in the car and laughed. (My brother missed me from 3’ away—there’s a reason he doesn’t play baseball anymore. 😉😄)
My sister and nephew called me to read scriptures last night. My nephew was a little distracted while getting started, so I just sang D&C 4 to the tune of Called to Serve, and he stopped and asked, “Wait—did Rinny just SING the whole section?!” 😄 Y’know, whatever works. 🤣
I want to express more gratitude. So thanks for your patience with me. I don’t need to know every good thing the future holds (even though I’d like to). I really am grateful for the good and the bad because it reminds me I’m still alive. If I don’t have capacity to feel the bad, I won’t have capacity to feel the good. They’re both worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment