2020 has undoubtedly been a rough year. On a world-scale, it has been different than any we’ve lived through.
I have friends and family who have lost loved ones to COVID-19. That breaks my heart—you can’t even be with your loved ones in their final moments! I get it, but it’s hard.
This year has been particularly trying for me. I haven’t always come off conqueror, but I have kept myself in the battles. I have seen countless miracles take place in my life and the lives of family members. I have felt of my potential, even as I struggle to know how to get there. I know that settling is not the solution.
I have found that even when I am feeling completely hopeless and not worth being around, there are people—amazing people!—who do or say something to the contrary. They have been angels to me. There are people there who are willing to help me lift myself. I have been so blessed to meet and know some truly wonderful people, and sometimes they’re on my sidelines, and sometimes they pop up from another field.
I think I always struggle with the new year, because I’m not where I want to be in my life, and a new year just means I’m getting older. Also, I’m a little sentimental knowing we’ll never see the previous year again. (I know a LOT of people would be happy to never see 2020 again. Haha)
Who knows what 2021 will be. I hope it will be good.
Hey! Here’s a little 🎁: 1/20/21 12021
No comments:
Post a Comment