Sometimes, I really wish you were still here. I don’t get it, I really don’t. Why can I picture your face and hear your voice in my memory clearer than I can my friend I’ve been hanging out with all year?
This has been an odd week. My dad went into the hospital on his birthday. That same day, I got a message from an old employee of his who wanted to tell him thanks. He said a lot of nice things, and we messaged back and forth a bit...I did some sleuthing to check out who this guy was. Turns out he has been a visual effects animator on some major movies. When I asked my dad about him and shared what the man said, my dad cheered up quite a bit. It was a great blessing on an otherwise rough couple of days.
Then tonight, I randomly got a kind message from a Grammy-nominated artist friend whom I haven’t really talked with in years. Her message came on a day when I’ve been so down, feeling like a complete failure at everything. I’m still trying. I haven’t given up yet. Just sloughing through a tough swampy bit right now. She told me she’s proud of me and all I’ve done.
Sometimes we’ve got to rely on the words of others to help us through. I want to. I’m not gonna lie, I still think of what that white handbook said about always living in such a way that..ok I don’t remember exactly, but it’s essentially to be a good example for those you taught, even if you’re not in contact with them. If our paths meet again, I want to still be a person that they can point to and say, “Yes, she taught me about Jesus Christ.” I want to still be able to have great gospel discussions that invite the Spirit. I want to be able to help. Overcoming adversity is one of life’s lessons.
Any who. How odd, right? The random messages. I understand the one to reach my dad, but why the other? I’m just me. A floundering person.
The celebrity of people doesn’t really phase me, but to others it does. I am suitably impressed with their talents and accomplishments, but I know there are talented people all over who never gain recognition. I’m just as impressed by them in their spheres. So just because it’s kinda funny: my dad IS an Emmy winner. 🤣
As for me, I haven’t figured out how to use my talents adequately yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment