There have been many miracles this week with my dad. I have definitely felt strengthened by the prayers being offered for me. All I can do is my best. It’s going to be a rough bit here as I get my parents’ things organized.
I have been busy running all over. I have a couple surprises lined up for today. I worked with my sister in LA to figure out what my dad wanted to get my mom for Christmas, went to the mall to pick it up, and then dropped it off at the hospital without her knowing. It’ll be under the tree in my dad’s room. All of my siblings will have a Christmas surprise on the rooftop of the garage visible from my dad’s room. Signs, songs, festive attire, etc. He doesn’t know. He thinks he’ll be all alone for Christmas. I picked up sign-making materials and delivered them to two of my siblings yesterday. (Including prepping the word on the signs for one of them.) My niece came up with the idea to have EVERYONE sign a Christmas card for him. So my LA sister came up with a fun personalized Christmas poem, put it on a card, had her family sign it, then sent it to my brother here. He printed it, had his family all sign it, and we’ll get the other signatures on the rooftop, and then deliver it.
I have also helped my mom make gifts for her to give to her ministering brothers and sisters. (I’m delivering them, too.) and I used a gift card I received to send materials to make/decorate graham cracker houses to my friend in idaho since his plans changed when his mom got Covid. Thankfully, that stuff arrived yesterday so they could add it to their Christmas festivities.
Through all of this, I have determined a few things. I need someone who believes in Christmas magic. Who will pretend like Santa Claus is real, and make Christmas extra special for kids. I have also determined I need someone who will put forth effort for me; someone who will put some real thought, effort—even a little sacrifice—for me.
I think of my brothers-in-law. One gives gifts of chick-fil-a ketchup packets and tow hitches (only used to tow his car), while the other gets puzzles made of family pictures. I don’t need expensive things, but I want thoughtful things.
I put a lot of effort (and sacrifice) to help others in personal ways. I have fun doing it. I’m so excited for today’s surprises for my parents. I just don’t feel like there’s anyone who will go even a tenth as far for me. Ok, two of my sisters. That’s it. They see me. For everyone else, I’m just an afterthought. I shouldn’t care. I have been so blessed recently to even be able to have this time right now with my family. I hope that one day, I’ll be able to find someone who will do for me what I’d do for them. I know people express themselves differently. I think I feel loved by spending quality time together and words. Thoughtful, personal things are gifts I love. A scrapbook page, a letter, pictures, etc. something that shows that you see ME. It’s ok. Christmas is a season of giving, and I think the little things—because none of this adds up to a high dollar amount—are going to be epic! 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment