I have much to be grateful for. I may not have my family close, but I do have a lot of people around me who care about me. I was serving in the temple this morning, and one of the sealers from the afternoon shift walked by and said, "Hi, Erin." It took me aback. Yes, we all wear name tags, but from the angle he passed me, he wouldn't've been able to see mine, especially because my hair was covering it! It surprises me. It also made me appreciate how powerful names are.
Can you imagine what it is like to comprehend the fact that God, the Great Creator, knows your name? He knows you not as a general statistic, but as an individual. Your strengths and weaknesses, your hopes and dreams, your secret places you're too afraid to trust anyone with--he knows you. Even knowing that, He loves you. He loves me.
I was contemplating how sorry I am for being such a disappointment, and was so thankful for the trust He has in me to do certain things. I am so lucky to be able to serve as an ordinance worker each week. I love the temple and the power it brings into my life, and I can see how that same power blesses the lives of others. What I love most is how that power derives strength and hope from the Atonement of Christ. So many beautiful promises and covenant blessings that are ours because of Christ's atoning sacrifice.
We're in a battle against the adversary every day. The outcome of the war is certain, but I like what President Benson said: "...the forces of righteousness will finally
win. What remains to be seen is where each of us personally, now and in
the future, will stand in this fight—and how tall we will stand. Will we
be true to our last-days, foreordained mission? ... Be warned that some of the greatest battles you will face will be fought within the silent chambers of your own soul."
There are times when, in the midst of despair, you want someone to help share your burden, only to realize that no mortal can. It is up to you. But you are not alone, for Christ bore your burdens. He truly understands what no one else can. You are never alone, and with his help, you can overcome.
What a beautiful word. Probably one of my favorites in the scriptures. I'd encourage you to look up where it is used.
I may not know what I'm doing here, and my old dance partners want me to move back east, but I am grateful for revelation. Maybe one day I'll know why. Until then, I'm grateful for the temple and for helping me feel at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment