Thursday, March 26, 2020

It was a rough morning.
I got an email from the stake Relief Society President asking me to forward the Stake President’s email to the ward Relief Society presidencies: no more sacrament outside the home. In other words, if you have worthy priesthood holders in your home who can bless the sacrament, you may have sacrament; if not, I’m sorry. We have to follow this shelter-at-home order by the governor.

I literally cried as I forwarded that email. This Sunday was going to be the chance I had to get sacrament. Bishop had designated fast Sunday for the day those without would get it. Now it’ll probably be May before I can take it again.

Exact obedience brings miracles. We need one.

My support strings are getting cut left and right. No church meetings. No temple. No sacrament.

Maybe this isn’t punishment. Maybe I’m in this boat because I’m strong enough to handle it. I feel it’s more that I did something wrong, though. I don’t feel strong right now. I guess this is a chance to see what I’m made of. A chance to find my inner strength and exercise faith. God has a plan.

Today I served. I babysat two girls. We doodled with Mo Willems, had PE with Joe, solved a Triazzle, ate lunch, read individually for 40 mins, baked bran muffins, and then made some art animal creations using empty toilet paper rolls.

I can totally homeschool.

Next challenge: can I come up with things for my Spanish students to do at home? Teachers go back on April 1.

Random: I got paid Friday. I debated for a half-second whether or not to pay tithing. I’m not sure what my work situation will be like in the future, and money is helpful to have. I paid it though. I know that God will help me as he has before. This time though, it was more of a sacrifice than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment