Monday, March 23, 2020

I’m a little scared.
I don’t like being on my own.
I’m brave, but I’m braver when I’m not alone.
This virus is changing the world.

I had a bad dream last night. First one in awhile. Part of the scariest part was that outside there were all sorts of dangers, and someone needing help, but I couldn’t help them. I was too scared to open the door. I didn’t know what they would do, I didn’t know where the other dangers were, so I tried to hide. I tried to find someone else to handle it. No one else was there. I needed to get outside to go somewhere, but didn’t want to face this person. Didn’t want to face the other monsters out there.

I’m not too brave on my own. I’m really nervous how I’ll face the days that are coming.

For me, this nightmare was something I could wake up from and find myself in my bed. I think of all of the medical professionals and those suffering from COVID-19 who aren’t as lucky. Their nightmare is real. Some won’t wake from it. I think of their families suffering because they couldn’t be there. I think of the other people out there who need medical attention, but can’t have anyone by their side either, because of the virus.

I count myself blessed. Hopefully someday I’ll be able to find someone and have that spiritual connection so that I don’t have to do this alone. So I can have a partner and a family to rely on and support.

Until then, I’m a little scared.

P.s. I’m extremely grateful our temple is still open. I can’t do any work, but it still gives me strength and comfort knowing that it’s still open for living ordinances. Over half of the temples in the world are closed. That scares me. I love the temple. It is a source of strength and hope. It is my lighthouse in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment