Saturday, October 26, 2019

I keep seeking a connection that I'm not finding, and it's draining my emotional, physical, and mental batteries. I need to just unplug for a bit.

On the flip side, I told the trucker today that we're really better off as friends. (You'd think I'd find it easier to say by now.) He figured it was the religion thing, and he was right.

He said he's willing to get baptized if that would change things. He doesn't really have a church right now, and he'd be willing to join mine if that would make me happy. It wouldn't, and he was surprised to hear that.

I don't want someone to do things just for me. I want them to do things because they want to, and then if our goals align, then we can go from there. Religion, especially mine, is more than just a Sunday sort of thing. It's a lifestyle. It's continual learning, and growing. It's responsibility. I don't want someone to do it lightly, because for me, it's serious. I want to be able to have gospel discussions, and family home evenings, and scripture study. I want to be able to share my experiences and have him understand. I want to have someone who has the priesthood authority, and is willing and worthy to use it.

The trucker is willing to learn, but he's not there, and he's not sure he'll ever be.

There're so many Christian churches, and so many versions of the Bible--how do you know who is right?

I had already told him about Joseph Smith's experience, but it's been a week, and he probably forgot. I told him if he prayed, God would tell him.That's how I know, without a doubt, that I am in Christ's restored church. It has the proper authority and ordinances necessary for exaltation, and at its head Jesus Christ himself, guiding God's prophet on the earth.

I understand the confusion of religion. I was reading today about some policy changes in the Catholic church: allowing priests to be married in the Amazon region so there can be some leadership there. Some people were outraged, some were blase--they're already some married priests that have converted from other religions, so they're ok--and one man made a confusing comment. He said, "The celibacy rule is in the Latin rite but in the Eastern rite, married men are ordained. Both rites are fully Catholic. Plus a number of Anglican clerics in the Latin rite."

...why are there different rites to the priesthood if they're for the same office? No wonder its confusing with such exceptions and differences within a single church.

I'm so grateful for personal revelation, and for a loving Heavenly Father who is always happy to answer my questions when I seek truth. I know that I can go anywhere in the world, gather with the local saints, and learn the same gospel truths. It's something that I don't often consider, and I'm glad I don't have to.

Want to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the earth? Pray. Ask God. He'll tell you. It's the best kept not-so-secret secret. There are literally people going around knocking on doors trying to let people know. All you've got to do is ask and be willing to act when you receive your answer. Not too much. :)

Don't do it for me. Do it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment