Goal for today: don’t be bummed because I’m not going to hear from Adam.
Seriously.
It’s so hard to constantly fight against the impressions of your heart. This is the back and forth. Cognitively, I get that he’s going to be him, and I need to find someone who respects me. (Ha, as if I haven’t been trying.) My heart says otherwise.
My family all wished me a happy birthday.
My best friend and her husband wished me a happy birthday.
There’s the sister I serve with who sent me cards.
There are my two friends who share the same birthday that wished me happy birthday.
My ex wants to go out on a mini-adventure for my birthday.
...
I shouldn’t be bummed because I won’t hear from him. But I worry between that and having school tomorrow, today might be another disappointing birthday. (Really, who wants to grow older alone? There’s a reason you never wanted to end up with the old maid—that’s when you lost!)
No comments:
Post a Comment