Monday, November 26, 2018

I wish I had someone at my side.
Someone that I could tell my family about when I go home at Christmas. I wish I could say, “hey, dad, I have this great guy...”
Someone that I can talk to when my world gets shaken up.
Someone that can encourage me when I want to take a chance, but am scared of failing.
Someone who would care enough about me to stick around, but give me space, when I clam up and don’t know how to get past hard conversations.

I don’t think my dad will be around to see me get married, but I wish I could at least tell him about the man I will marry.

I wish I had someone to adventure with.
I wish I knew how to love.

I have learned this past week, I can’t do relationships. I don’t know how. I don’t know how to do the hard things with someone else. I’ve been on my own since forever, so if it’s not something I can do, I walk away. I mean, sometimes my sisters don’t let me walk away, but...that’s them doing it. Not me.

I wish there were someone who loved me enough to help me as I learn to be a good companion.

Can I pray for a Christmas miracle that I find him before I leave for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment