Top 10 from 2017:
10. I have met my 2017 goal of stepping outside of my comfort zone to be
more social twice a month. It is still
tough, but not as hard as it was earlier this year.
9. Dating is still not so fun, but I have gone on four actual dates this
year, all with different guys. That’s a record for me! (Yes, I accepted the dates as
part of my 2017 goal, but still—I went! Haha)
8. Assisting in the delivery of my baby nephew. Read: I sterilized the
instruments. BUT that is HUGE progress because I did not pass out on the floor
(though I did try and tune out words and sounds).
5. Great new friends, one of whom being my former supervisor. She reminds me a lot of my sister, and I’ve been
telling her that for months. When I met her husband last month, he said, “I can
see why you guys get on so well: you’re just like her!” haha.
4. Dancing, especially dancing in airports. If I can share my talents to
make servicemen’s visits to DC more memorable and fun, then I am happy to be of
service. Dancing in general is such a pleasure for me, and I didn’t realize how
many people I impacted with my dancing before I stopped. So many have come up
to me over the past few months to tell me that they really miss seeing me dance—it really brightens their day. Especially
for one little girl. I never really thought of myself as being noteworthy, I just
have fun. But to her, I’m her favorite dancer.
I also fell in love with his two daughters, too. I didn’t even know it was
possible to feel so much so quickly. I could recognize it because it was
similar to the strong sense of love I got a few years ago as I spoke and
testified at the baptism of a woman I had just met the evening before. I did
not know her, but I knew without any
doubt that Heavenly Father knew her and loved her. He let me feel some of his
love for her as I stood before her—it was amazing to me. It was similar to the
love that I felt as I was sitting with the rest of the Relief Society
presidency planning VT routes—again, sisters I didn’t know, but I was blessed
to feel some of Heavenly Father’s love for them.
With these girls, it was similar enough to let
me recognize it as love, but it was different because it wasn’t just Heavenly
Father’s love for them that I was feeling—it was my own. I still wonder how everyone is doing.
1. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and is aware of me. I know that even when I'm feeling so lonely, he's right there with me. I have struggled this year in seeing my worth to other people, but I have never doubted my worth to my Heavenly Father. I know I am one of his precious daughters, and that he is proud of what I've accomplished so far, and who I am. I know as I venture out on my own, and explore new places, he is aware of me and sends angels to help make sure I stay safe. As I look back on 2017, and forward to 2018, this is a great thing to know. Y'see, I have many more adventures ahead of me, starting in January.
No comments:
Post a Comment