Ok, but this was funny:
“Ross (coworker) asked if I had a boyfriend. I replied, ‘sorta.’ He was like, ‘that’s a shame. If there weren’t such an age difference between you and Scott, I’d set you up.’ (He’s 38 [I had just turned 19]!)
‘I don’t date coworkers,’ I replied.
‘That’s a shame. But any guy would be happy to quit his job to go out with you.’
Yeah, right! So cheesy.
I hope none of my daughters fall for something like that. Someone who’d quit their job to go out with someone is too big of an idiot to be trifled with.”😂
I learned also “learned” that Ross asked me about my preferences in a guy, and that he had—in an earlier journal entry—stopped cursing as much because I looked shocked one time by something he said. 😊 haha
Also learned that veteran’s day 2006, my bishop of many, many years was joking about how much my older sister cries. My mom said it’s a family trait, and he was said, your other daughters don’t. My sister followed up with, “I don’t think I’ve seen Erin cry.” ...I ended that entry wondering if I’m heartless. I knew I cried in secret when my grandpa died...but that was it. I didn’t cry. (This year, that’s a whole ‘nother story.)
Fast forward a year, another coworker from receiving who was sad to see me go said before I left for school, “I won’t be there to protect you from the drunk guys.”
...and apparently a lot of random people would buy me coffees. I remember pawning them off, but I forgot how often it happened. 😂 oh, and Jack! My little buddy that would visit me at work almost everyday for well over a year! He and his nanny knew my schedule better than I did sometimes. We would play hide and seek with this one stuffed animal, and then I’d read him stories.❤️
Journals are funny, funny things. You really have to wonder if what you write is worth keeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment