"Speed of light travels faster than the speed of sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
I can walk the walk, but I can't talk the talk. I get so nervous!
Yes. So, my second evening in Vegas was a lot more terrifying than my first. It actually involved interacting with strangers. According to the Meyer-Briggs test, I am INTJ. Getting out to mingle is like walking across hot-coals. Possible, but painful. I got all gussied up, went through the casino (some hispanics walking behind me were talking about me...good thing I know Spanish... :/ ), and looked like a classy girl who is accustomed to parties. Far, far, far away from the truth. Once I got to the venue, I was panicky and very close to turning around without ever setting foot inside. My sister was my cheerleader, and wouldn't let me leave (via text). Inside people were grouped together, talking about various events/speakers they've heard, and I'm thinking grrrreaaat...I have nothing to talk about. Some people approached me thinking I was an author, I attempted to talk with them, but after I clarified that I am not an author, they kept on walking. I did manage to talk with a few very nice people. One of whom is an author, and as we were chatting I had a little coughing fit (how embarassing!) and had to excuse myself.
I can dress up like the best of them, but I have a ways to go before I can work a crowd. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment