Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

Yesterday I obsessively checked my email (I was waiting for my group to send me the articles back that I needed), today I want to avoid it like the plague. Why? Because they sent me the articles, so now that I have other things I'd rather be doing, I have to go and read over them (not to mention write my own).

I'm silly; I know. :)

So, these past few days I've been thinking a lot about talents, and gifts of the Spirit. I was actually talking with my dad about it--like, we read from the scriptures and everything! You'd think that having been a missionary I'd be over the awkwardness of Gospel talk. I am, just not where my family is concerned. There's been an unspoken taboo established since forever in our family, and I think part of my hesitancy is derived from the snide comments they make about it. My dad in particular constantly demeans the impact a mission has on a person. It's not like coming across someone on the street, getting rejected, then dusting your feet and moving on to the next person to talk to. These are people I'm constantly around, that I'm sealed to forever. The rejections hurt more. So while we were talking, it wasn't as father-daughter, it was as equals. Kinda cool. Felt like being a missionary again :)

Things I'm thankful for:

Niffer came back safely from Egypt! Hooray! :)
The way Hannoley calls me "Rinny Binnoley" now, and how Ikel excitedly says "Hi Rinny" in his cute little voice. :D
Friends, no matter how far they are, they're still there for you when you need them.
The support I've received in getting an education
Being an American
The absolutely best family ever. no matter the issues we may have, we are still close.
Being offered my old job back...
...the customer who was excited to see me after a year, and all the regulars who are more like friends than customers
Awesome co-workers that make me laugh on a daily basis
Being able to serve a full-time spanish-speaking mission
The gifts I have been given, particularly with languages. I love helping hispanics :)
The history and culture that abounds in this great land.
My talents (see below--I should write a kids book ;) )
Ears to hear sounds of everyday life, and music
Olive Garden's breadsticks that make me think of elementary school
Knowing who I am
All the little things that pile on to make a day GREAT!


ok, back to work. Happy Thanksgiving! (a week early, but who's counting ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment