I really don't recognize myself anymore.
I went rock climbing as part of a date on Saturday. I've never been rock climbing before, and it was a ton of fun! However, I often found myself ready to give up. My date, thankfully, wouldn't bring me down on one of the walls. I was like 10 feet from the top, and he was like, "No. Keep going, you're almost there." I was tired, but I could--and did--make it the last little bit.
I was disappointed in myself to be ready to just give in when things started to get tough.
When did I become this person?
If we don't continually push ourselves, we will lose whatever ground we once had.
I also shrink back from a lot of things. Like dating or singing.
I'm a good singer. People seem to think so, at least. I enjoy singing, but I don't like the way I sound.
The past couple of Sundays, people in my choir have been saying how I should sing a solo, or commenting to each other on how well I sing. I get embarrassed and try to blend in with the crowd.
Why do I want to blend in? If I have a talent that others appreciate, why should I not share it? I don't have to be superlative to make a difference. I can make a difference just by being me.
And it's ok to stand out a little bit. How else will anyone find me? I just need courage. Well, and it'd be great if I had someone by my side just giving me a little encouragement. Sometimes I just need a reminder that I can stick to it and reach the top.
I'm going to go back and climb more walls. I'm going to get better. I'm going to challenge myself. I'm going to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Where I'm supposed to be.
I'm going to figure out how to love again. I want love. I want to share my life, but for now I'll try and share my light.
I'm going to light the world with goodness any way I can.
Let's do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment