Monday, October 1, 2018

A Wedding and a Mailbox: Looking for Home

My grandparents used to keep piggy banks for each of the grandkids at their house. No two piggy banks were the same.

One of my sisters had a dog, a brother had a baseball, another sister had a pig, a cousin had an owl, etc. Mine was a mailbox that said “home is where the heart is.” I thought it was the coolest because it opened like a mailbox, and even had a little red flag on it. You didn’t have to scrape your fingers on a small hole to retrieve the dollar bills grandpa would stick in there.

Fast forward, and I’m still working on unpacking my apartment, and I just came across that little mailbox. It still has the same coins it has held for the last 20 years. I can’t explain all of the thoughts that crossed my mind as I reread the message on the side. Out of everyone in my family, I’m the one still looking for home. I’ll find it eventually. I'm getting closer.

I realized I never shared any pictures from my friend’s wedding in August. I loved the way her husband looked at her. I hope I can find someone as right for me as he is for her. ❤️ They are the cutest little family. Maybe someday I'll be so lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment