Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Interviews

Totally botched the interview for the company I wanted to work for. I messed up on, “why are you looking to leave your other job?” I tried to explain diplomatically—I remember my boss telling me how I should answer that question, but it sounded weak and lame as I used it. Not at all a reflection of what happened my last month at that organization. 😓

Another question that was tough? “What do you regret most?” I don’t regret my work history, even though I look like a job hopper. My only regret is choosing Utah over Idaho. I regret being such a chicken in this. In the scale of good, better, best, Utah is better, Idaho is best. But again, you can’t say that in an interview. So I said something along the lines of not being able to see the outcome of all of the changes implemented at my old job. Bad choice.

My heart hurts so much still. I really hope I can start over in Utah.

I dreamed of Adam last night, and that he called me. To wake up and realize that’s not going to happen, hurt. A lot. How do you get over a broken heart? I’ve tried everything I can think of, and it hasn’t worked. Hopefully the change of scenery will do it. I don’t want my heart forever tethered to someone who doesn’t want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment