I don't like attention, this is nothing new. So on my birthday, how did I celebrate? It wasn't by everyone giving me gifts.
I did little acts of service throughout the day, and the weekend. It was a lot of fun! (I also tried to push past my comfort zone, didn't really happen though.) See, I figure if my birth is special, it should be special because of the good I do with my life. What better way to celebrate that than by taking the day to do good!
Ok, ok, you should do good everyday, but to make a point of doing good makes it special.
And just another evidence that Friday 13 is good? My friend who has been unemployed for 6 months found out she got a job! Woohoo! We celebrated that with some cake! 😉
Interesting observation from the weekend: I hung out with the same couple of people all weekend, so we met and had the same amount of interaction more-or-less with unfamiliar people, but no one could remember my friends' names. It was always, "Hi Erin, and...uh...crystal/krista/kenda/___awkward pause___/jen..." rarely getting the names right. I can't tell you how many times I was asked what their names were.
Maybe I'm not completely unforgettable.
No comments:
Post a Comment