Monday, August 28, 2017

The House of the Lord

I long to help my friends in Texas. At least I know that, for the most part, they are safe.

Lluvia de Huracan Alex. Houston, TX
While I can't go down to be a helping hand, I can offer my prayers, and I know that Heavenly Father hears them.

It's kind of amazing, really. The temple presidency of the Houston Texas temple made a request that people pray that Heavenly Father stay the rain. While some people took offense to the fact that the request was preceded by an update of the flood waters approaching the doors of the temple, I was quite impressed. Here I have been praying for the safety of my friends in this storm, and not once had I thought to pray that the storm might dissipate sooner than meteorologists projected.

Do people care if water enters the temple? Yes. That question has been asked by many, many people, members and non-members alike. They are suffering from flooded areas, yet they worry if the temple has been flooded. The temple is a sacred place, the work done inside those walls transcends mortality. It binds people together for eternity. It is the house of the Lord. The spirit of the Lord there brings peace to those that just walk on its sacred grounds. President Monson said that if you reach out and touch the temple, the Spirit of the temple will reach out and touch you. Amid the physical and emotional storms in life, the temple is a place of healing and peace. It stands as a beacon of hope to those that see it.

As I was looking through my pictures of Houston for my FB, I decided the best symbol I had for my time there was the temple. The temple represents the message that I taught--families can be together forever; that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us, and he loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son to pay the price of our sins so we can return to live with God again. It represents all of the people I met in service to my Heavenly Father. It represents Christ-like love, the likes of which I had never known before, and it truly is amazing. It represents the divine nature of each and every one of us. It represents the selfless service so many people are giving others right now in this time of need.

Houston has many great, and wonderful people. I know that this trial will be tough as people return to water-damaged property. As they work together to rebuild their lives, I know that they will be blessed for their faith and service to others, even for the smallest acts.

By small and simple things, great things come to pass. Houston, you are in my prayers, but I know that Heavenly Father has so many blessings awaiting you.

El mundo está mirándote, cada accion se anota. El servicio que presta a los demas da animo a otros partes del pais que sufren de conflictos politicos. Se te ve y se recuerda que somos seres humanos, no importa de donde vinimos. Ayudamos a uno al otro en nuestros dificultades. Este disastre ayuda a inspirar el  pais un poco. Houston, eres llena de personas fuertes y tal vez por eso este se pasa a ti.

Está en mis oraciones, gente de Houston. Que Dios los bendiga.


No comments:

Post a Comment