| | | |
|
| What more can one ask for than dirt road, trees, rocks, and water? |
 |
| Ok, a cute bridge over the stream is acceptable. |
| |  | | | | |
| | The Boise Temple...I didn't actually know what it looked like. The Spirit...man, it was amazing! Even from just walking up to the grounds! |
 |
| Part of the Oregon trail in Boise. One day I'm going to walk the long segment. Look at that beautiful sky! |
 |
| We started to walk down the path in the ridge side, and had to stop for a selfie with the basalt. It felt as hot as lava that day. ;) |
 |
| The wedding reception was so cute! This sign was too perfect. The wedding was a fusion of Edwardian, Chinese, and Disney. They pulled it off rather well. They are the cutest couple ever. I'm glad she married her Asian. :) |
 |
| Greenbelt! The water was high and fast, and still there was an old dog fetching her ball from there. The lady we were talking with said she wouldn't be surprised if they lost the ball that day (and they did). I was more concerned about her losing her dog, she looked so tired! |
 |
| The craziest, coolest things hide out in the middle of the desert. My dad knew where this was. He said, "Where is that? There was a company name Thiokol out in the middle of the desert. My friends' dads would bring home left over propellant (rocket fuel) and we'd put it on sticks and watch how fast they burned." Well, dad, the display is right in front of the Thiokol building. :D |
 |
| A MOOSE!! There was a moose at Silver Lake! He didn't seem to mind that a girl (not me) ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction when he crossed her path. Haha. It made for an exciting evening. |
 |
| We did Temple Square in the morning on Pioneer Day. As many times as Courtney had been there, she did not know there were gardens on top of the Conference Center, so of course we went up. This picture however, is not from there, but from the old Hotel Utah. And you see the brick walk around the temple--we actually were able to walk around there! That was a first for me; usually you can only walk around on the outside of the gate. And when you go to do a session, you go in from underneath. |
 |
| I miss being outside and getting lost. Not that I was lost...I just hadn't been there before. :) |
 |
| Abigail the Jeep treated us well. She handled the curves like a boss! As I drove through the canyons, I couldn't help but think I could totally be one of the professional drivers on a closed course. Driving the canyons and feeling the rhythm of the car and the curves was much like feeling the rhythm of the ocean and catching the wave at just the right time. It was pretty sweet. |
 |
| Aspen trees are so beautiful. I loved seeing the forests of them. |
 |
| Catching up with old roommates and making plans for the fall. |
None of these pictures would have been possible without my handy, dandy iPhone. Next time, though, the DSLR is coming out! :D Exploring is the best. I'll wear real shoes the next time, too. Haha. I figured if I can dance backwards, while running!, in heels, then I can walk on some questionable terrain in non-hiking shoes. haha.
...as I go through these pictures, I think once again of how fun it would be to take a certain couple of little girls and their dad out exploring. I remember my shock, literal shock, as I saw Katie's picture. I still hear the exchange from that video he sent of her. The memories sneak up on me every now and again, today was one of those days. ...it was hard. How can I find someone like him? It seemed so easy with him.
Whatever. I'm going to focus on watching my two nephews, and donating books this weekend. Maybe I can enlist their help in packing. ...though we may just end up playing instead. I have a new nephew! (Still no name yet. They have Luke picked. She nixed my idea of Lucas Baines J. She didn't think she wanted to give him a presidential name... *sigh* haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment