Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Three Loves

My friend shared this post, "We Only Fall in Love with Three People in Our Lifetime."

The author claims the first love is what you think it should be. It's more about how it looks to others, than how it feels to you.

The second is a rendition of the first. You think you've matured and made better decisions, but it's similar to the first. You're trying to force the emotion, and think that because you've invested time and emotion into it, you can't give it up. You keep hoping it will get better, but it won't.

The third, you don't see it come. It surprises you by how easy it is, and how the other person accepts you for you. "It's the kind where the connection can't be explained and knocks us off our feet because we never planned for it. This is the love when we come together with someone and it just fits..."

Well, what if the third is my first? What comes after the "third"? Does it get repeated? 🤔 (Really, the author could have read/listened to our conversations when coming up with their description of the third love.)

Part of me...should I say? nah, wishful thinking, nada más. 💔
I want to know what happened, I want to know why he stopped talking to me. Was it really because of his mom? I don't think so. I think that was a convenient (but sad if she really was hospitalized) excuse. But, much like the old tootsie pop commercial, the world may never know.
...
I really can't get over how easy it was for me to fall for him. I thought he felt the same.

I'm changing the article.
The three loves:
First, your Heavenly Father. That's how you know enduring love. Whatever happens, he still loves you, and you know it.
Second, your family. That's how you learn different emotions you can feel while still loving the other person.
Third, the third as listed in the article. Your media naranja. You're ready to build on the love you've already learned with this new, oddly familiar, yet foreign kind of love. It builds on the enduring love, and the emotional spectrum you've already learned that comes with love. It's the kind you really give and receive whole-heartedly. You want more with this person. When you're together, the future looks brighter because you have each other.

I don't feel I explained it well, but I'm almost at my train stop.

Happy Wednesday!

Song of the day: "Say Something" by Great Big World and Christina Aguilera. It's a duet and it's a viennese waltz. That, by default, makes it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment