Our lives revolve around the clock. Time is of the essence, but sometimes we just need a break. Naps are a wonderful thing, but when we try and schedule them out--only to hit the snooze button, say 6 times before actually getting up--it becomes more trouble and of less worth.
Alarms work so hard to make sure we get up in the morning so we can prepare ourselves well for the day. They go off to make sure we don't miss something we're supposed to do. If we get in the habit of hitting snooze every time we don't want to wake up, they will soon cease to serve their purpose. We'll hear it, but cease to react. Plus, who really wants to get jerked awake every 5 or 10 minutes by an alarm. It's not a fun feeling.
I don't know about you, but some mornings I wake up so disoriented and hardly remember what day/time it is. However, depending on my alarm, I can reorient myself and I know to get up. If I know I will need more sleep then I will set my alarm for a later time than usual. As for naps, I will schedule my alarm for the latest possible time that I would need to be awake at [if it doesn't matter, then I won't set it], so that I know it goes off, I get up.
My theory is, respect the alarm. It goes off, you get up. Be thankful it's there instead of begrudging its existence because it keeps beeping at you when you hit snooze multiple times. You know what you need, you know your schedule. Plan accordingly, and stop hitting snooze. Your roommates will appreciate it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment